Royal College of Chiropractors Part-Time PhD Studentship Grant
The RCC is pleased to announce up to £27k of matched-funding (up to £4.5k per year for up to 6 years, matched by the institution or other grant-making body) towards a new, part-time PhD studentship to be undertaken in a UK institution between 2022 and 2028.
Applications are now invited from UK Higher Education Institutions for this studentship, which is expected to commence in 2022. Funding decisions will be based on the quality and feasibility of the proposed research, the extent to which it addresses the RCC’s priority research areas (listed below), the background and expertise of the supervisor/s and the suitability of the study environment.
Priority areas for research
- Evaluation of chiropractic service provision in the UK (may include economic evaluations, inter/multi-professional services, quality of services, user experience etc.)
- Development of patient-reported outcome measures to enhance management and recovery of chiropractic patients
- Chiropractic patient safety
- Prognostic research – identification of sub-groups of patients likely to respond to chiropractic management
- Delivery of multimodal care (e.g. integration of pain education, psychological approaches, rehabilitative approaches etc.)
- Health promotion and prevention in chiropractic practice
The application form and associated terms and conditions of award are available below:
RCC Part Time PhD Studentship Grant Application Form_2022_28_
RCC Part Time PhD Studentship Grant_Terms and Conditions of Award_2022_28
Deadline for applications: Friday 2nd September 2022.