Lay Partnership Group
Chair: Mr Hew Helps
The Lay Partnership Group (LPG) provides a public and patient viewpoint with regard to College business and develops initiatives to support patient advocacy.
The LPG comprises:
* a lay chairperson appointed by Council;
* up to three Ordinary Members or Fellows of the College appointed by Council;
* the Chairman of the Chiropractic Patients Association (ex-officio)
* between 3 and 6 lay individuals nominated by the Committee and appointed by the Council;
* additional expertise co-opted by the Committee or Council as required
The LPG’s Terms of reference are as follows:
* provide informed lay support for the work of the College, in partnership with the chiropractic members;
* consider and advise on issues referred to the Group by the College Council or any of its committees;
* raise issues of patient and public concern with the College;
* remain informed of Council activities and be involved in College committees where appropriate;
* offer input into College publications where a lay view is needed;
* liaise with the Chiropractic Patients’ Association.
The LPG conceived and now administers the Patient Partnership Quality Mark (PPQM).